Safe meetings post covid19 – what will they look like?
The industry of physical events, conferences and exhibitions has undergone a massive shift due to covid19 and we’re not expecting event schedules to get back to normal anytime soon. But what about physical 1-2-1 meetings in the office, or board meetings with 5+ people? What will safe meetings post covid19 look like once lockdown has eased? Here are some stats to kickstart our thinking:
- Everyone is meeting online: Zoom reported making $328 million in revenue during its February–April quarter. That’s up far more than double from the same time last year (Source: The Verge)
- Commuters are saving a few quid: UK drivers have saved over a staggering £267 million on fuel in total during lockdown (Source: GoCompare)
- Not everyone has coped with lockdown: 38% of workers say lockdown has had a negative impact on their wellbeing (Source: Deloitte Report)
So, while a lot of employees and teams are enjoying increased productivity in lockdown, the general consensus is those who worked in a physical office space (coworking spaces included) before the pandemic struck, will be returning sooner or later.
In an earlier blog, we shared some tips for “How to set-up an office for the “new normal” after coronavirus” and the advice is similar for those thinking about hosting meetings.
Although cases of the virus are on the decline, we don’t know for sure when it will be completely safe to return to work again. We recommend businesses should continue to listen to and adhere to Government guidance where possible, which are noted below:
- Using remote working tools to avoid in-person meetings
- Only absolutely necessary participants should physically attend meetings and should maintain social distancing guidelines
- Avoiding transmission during meetings, for example, avoiding sharing pens, documents and other objects
- Providing hand sanitiser in meeting rooms
- Holding meetings outdoors or in well-ventilated rooms whenever possible
- For areas where regular meetings take place, use floor signage to help people maintain social distancing
As a supplier of office furniture across the UK, and experts in space planning for offices, here are some key covid safe office furniture items to support safe meetings:
- Invest in mounted monitors to support with virtual conferencing For shareholder and board meetings, it’s important to be seen and heard – be sure your home office setup is fit for purpose.
- Install Hands free door openers and hand sanitisers
When physical meetings are needed, these safety products help reduce the risk of transmission of a virus.
- Consider installing protective desk screens in your meeting room
Antibacterial desk screens provide immediate protection to get your office workers back to work and meeting safely. Made from 5mm thick plexiglass, they are 100% transparent and durable.
- CIPD – This guide will help you plan your organisation’s next steps as lockdown measures ease or following a period of furlough
- Staying COVID-19 Secure in 2020 – a poster to display at your work
- HM Government COVID-19 secure guidance for employers, employees and the self employed (report image below for ref)
If you’d like to sound out your back to work plan with us, or perhaps you’re seeking office furniture quotes, please drop us an email via the contact page.