2021: The Future of the Office
As 2020 draws to a close, we thought we’d reflect on what has been an incredibly strange year for everyone. There’s a lot to unpack, and we probably won’t do it all this blog, but here are some high level thoughts about the future of the office.
- The future of work will be neither fully virtual or fully ‘in the office’ – it will be a hybrid of the two.
- Offices will re-open, professionals will commute once more, the morning coffee-run will be a thing again! Office spaces will simply be reimagined.
Knight Frank have outlined some interesting office trends including:
- Covid-secure workplaces will prevail
- Active commuting will rise
- The demand for flexible office space will grow
- Green, sustainable offices will win the war for talent
Here at Solutions 4 Office, we continue to have space planning conversations with our customers and our covid screens remain a popular item on the shop.
What are your future of the office plans?
We geek out on anything office furniture related so please so bear us in mind for your future projects.
2020 will be a year to remember and will go down in history as a turning point where science once again came to the rescue. It has heralded the adoption of new technologies and a revolution of working practices. Some of these, such as video meetings, will be adopted forever and used in conjunction with the ‘normal’ in-person discussions that we all crave. We look forward to 2021 with excitement and can’t wait to help support business with office space planning and furniture requirements.Richard Thomson – MD, Solutions 4 Office